Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Screams And Dreams Of Indie Artist Moonlyn



MoonlynMoonlyn is an Indie artist that hails from Canada. However her sound transcends borders, demographics and genres. With musical styles that blend elements of electro-pop and goth to create a truly unique and individual style that is all Moonlyn. There are hints of Siousxie and The Banshee melded with the more recent sounds of Kerli. Her songs are a mixture of glam-pop and dark industrial. The music reminds me of a more modern sub-genre known as bubble-goth, a style that Moonlyn has no awareness of, stating to me in a recent interview that “…[She] has never heard of that term. I don't really think of defining what I do musically, I just emit whatever idea inspires me the strongest. I love music and enjoy every type of style and many find their way into my musical cauldron.” Noting that her true motus of inspiration lies with the sounds of Mozart. You can find her singles on Soundcloud and itunes. There isn’t plans as of yet for an album however Moonlyn did tell me that if she releases enough singles to warrant a compilation release then she may just do so.

Moonlyn is not only a musical artist. Her talents are much broader than one field of Inspiration can contain. She is also an Indie pop culture Icon and actress. Most recently landing a role in the coming film “You Found Me” by Lawrence W. Nelson II. The feature is based on his short film that was picked up by BlackFlag TV and is a mash-up up of torture-survival and classic slasher genre. Moonlyn will take on the role of Charlee Risen, a weekender on a trip into nature with her friends for some fresh air, hiking and female bonding- oh and blood soaked screams from nightmarish realities. I had a chance to ask the Indie artist about her role in the film.


ASouthernLife: "You Found Me", Is this your first feature film role? What attracted you to the project?
Moonlyn: No "You Found Me" is not my first feature film. I do venture into different artistic forms of expressing myself, and now and again I gravitate towards acting roles - I find it titillating. [Moonlyn has a role in 2009’s “Silent Sam”].

ASouthernLife:  You play Charlee Risen, tell me about her, what is she like?
Moonlyn: Charlee Risen is a sensuous and feminine artistic soul, those aspects do reside in me and it'll be a calming experience to step into her character.

ASouthernLife:  What is her relationship to the other characters?
moonlyn 2Moonlyn: Charlee is good friends with the rest of the girls that she joins on this weekend adventure. And as I become more familiar with the story I will learn more about the dynamics between these characters.

ASouthernLife:  What did you think after seeing the short film?
Moonlyn: Yummy! Looks like fun ;)

ASouthernLife: Are you a big horror fan?
Moonlyn: Oh definitely.

ASouthernLife:  What is your favorite horror movie? And why?
Moonlyn: Saw. I have my reasons... the main one is a secret.

ASouthernLife:  Do you have any future acting plans after "You Found Me"?
Moonlyn: I never plan too far ahead. I do enjoy working on films, they're a good way to temporarily distract my brain from music, which is good to refresh my artistic senses. If something strikes me again in the future, I'm sure I will want to get involved.


No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side