Saturday, May 25, 2013

From Rickey Russell Writings: Demon In The Mist & Depressions Of The Soul Now Available


rickeyBorn in the south, and raised from modest means, Rickey Russell has gained a strong concept and understanding of the darkness. Living with Schizotypal Disorder, writing is my way to connect and express the world around me by focusing on the one thing that I truly feel connected to-Horror! I wrote my collection of poetry as a way to release the darkness that held me for so long.   Depressions Of The Soul is that collection that I  have chosen to share with others. They were written during a time of emotional chaos and despair.

Since learning to cope with mental disorder and refusing to let it imprison me, I have also found comfort in running a Horror blog as well as expanding my love for writing into horror fiction. Demon In The Mist is my first novel. The story came to me  during a particularly heavy fog that seemed to swallow the  entire mountain community I called home. I just kept imagining a malevolent creature- a demonic monster of sorts that lurked within it-stalking me. Where did it come from?-what forces would it be driven by? One thing led to another and The Ghost Walker Tale is the resulting vision-in it’s entirety.

Demon In The Mist Poster

Demon In The Mist, my first novel.It is a story of demons, magic, relationships and enlightenment. The story is set in the Appalachians. You can find the book at Lulu, Createspace and Amazon Kindle store. The Createspace copy is in Trade Paper with an alternative book cover. The Lulu has the original book cover with original artwork by Rickey Russell.

  When Karen Ison learns of the disappearance of her neighbors she searches for answers. With the help of a stranger she soon embarks on a journey that will lead her into a world of legend and magic.
Lulu.com Hardback and Paperback
Createspace Paperback
Amazon Kindle Store eBook
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


depression coverAlso if you are a fan of dark poetry then check out Depressions Of The Soul. A collection of dark poetry that explores emotions through nightmares, chaos and the Apocalypse.

Lulu.com Hardback and Paperback
Createspace Paperback
For contact: Rickey Russell russ2672_@msn.com
Rickey Russell Writings Website











No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side