Monday, May 20, 2013

The Provoking Interests Of A 4th Grader: My Interview With Charles Everett Tacker



charles everette tackerCharles Everett Tacker is the youngest cast member of Jordan Pacheco’s supernatural thriller “Provoked”. The young actor, who-when not struggling to deal with malevolent entities-spends a lot of his time doing the things a normal 4th grader does. Still residing in his hometown the young, and very focused actor, considers himself to be lucky to have plenty of friends. Friends who are quiet comfortable with entertaining his inquisitive nature to seek out answers for the “unexplained”. Like sitting up late nights, and capturing EVP’s when he feels that ghosts may be present. Charles Everett Tacker seems quite comfortable with the reality that there are things around us that can’t be explained-just yet-things of a supernatural nature.

Based on our interview, it would seem as if young Mr. Tacker has a certain maturity that allows him to not only accept the paranormal, but also to face it in an attempt to gain the evidence to prove it for himself. When I asked him if he believed in the ghosts or had any experiences with the paranormal, he replied “I do believe in ghosts.  A few times me and my friend set up a recorder in my room and we picked up EVPs. We set up a video recorder too but we didn’t get anything.” going on to add, “When I was 3 or 4 I saw a shadow figure but I wasn’t freaked out or anything. It freaked my sisters out though and they made my Mom do an investigation in our house.”  So yeah-I would say that Charles Everett Tacker was a perfect match for the role of “Ben Johanson”-brother of Sarah, a young girl who seems to be plagued by a dark force in the film. Below you will find the rest of my interview with Tacker where we talk about the paranormal and his upcoming role in “Provoked”.

ASouthernLife: In "Provoked" you play the “Ben”,brother to Sarah. Tell me a little more about your character and his relationship with his sister?
Charles Everett Tacker: I guess we get along ok. She’s older than me but we hang out and play games and stuff. She’s cool.
 
ASouthernLife: What about the character of Ben do you most relate with and how did you prepare for this role?
Charles Everett Tacker: Ben is just a regular kid that lives with his Mom and sister. I’m just a regular kid and I live with my Mom and my 2 sisters and my niece Hannah. Ben is the only guy in the house and I’m the only guy in the house. I don’t think I did anything special to prepare for the role. I’m kind of just like Ben. And Ben is afraid of stuff that’s happening in his house. Sometimes stuff happens in our house that’s kind of creepy but my Mom always figures out what it is.

ASouthernLife: Where you aware of the Lizzie Borden story prior to this movie?
Charles Everett Tacker: Oh yeah! My sisters have been there and when their friends from out of town come, they always talk about it and go there.

ASouthernLife: You are the youngest member of the cast so how has it been on set knowing your filming? Did you have any scenes in the Borden house?
Charles Everett Tacker: I didn’t get to film at the Lizzie Borden house but that would have been really cool.

ASouthernLife: Before being cast in "Provoked" had you been interested in paranormal investigation or ghost stories in general?
Charles Everett Tacker: My favorite movies are paranormal movies but my Mom doesn’t want me to freak out so I don’t get to watch a lot of them.

ASouthernLife: How does it feel knowing that you are in a movie with Michael Myers? Have you seen Halloween?
Charles Everett Tacker: I’m not allowed to watch Halloween but everybody knows who Michael Myers is. It is pretty awesome I think. I haven’t seen the movie but as soon as I’m old enough I’m going to. And, Tony is a very cool guy.

ASouthernLife: When did you first realize that you wanted to be an actor?
Charles Everett Tacker: I knew I wanted to be an actor the first time I watched Spiderman. I was 4 years old. Acting is all I really want to do.

ASouthernLife: Are there a lot of ghost legends or haunted locations in your community?
Charles Everett Tacker: I know we have a few. There is an old school and a few grave yards that are supposed to be haunted.

ASouthernLife: What is the scariest ghost story that you have ever heard?
Charles Everett Tacker: My sisters tell me about stuff that used to happen to them when they were kids and they lived in St. Louis. They say that the house was haunted and they would hear stuff moving around in the kitchen at night and then when they would wake up all of the cabinets would be open. And they would hear people walk up and down the stairs but nobody was there. That is scary stuff.

ASouthernLife: Who in the cast do you think would be most easily scared by an encounter with a ghost?
Charles Everett Tacker: I think it would be Michaelah. She screamed so loud when we were filming.

ASouthernLife: Would you ever participate in a séance or use a Ouija board to contact the spirits?
Charles Everett Tacker: Nope. My Mom would never let me.


No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side