Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Network Of Horror: My Recent Talk With Brian Dorton About “The Horror Network Vol.1” Anthology


Back at the beginning of this month I mentioned the first official poster being revealed for Brian Dorton and reel Epic Entertainment’s horror anthology “The Horror Network Vol. 1”. It was a project that Brian announced shortly after his trashtastic satire anthology “Trashology” was complete. After an extensive search for up-and-coming indie directors through a contest, which harvested over 150 short films from all over, Brian found the 5 films from very talented directors. All are award-winning short films that offer an eclectic arrangement of terrorific tales.

“The Horror Network Vol. 1” will be released later this year, just in time for the holiday season-as Brian told me when in a recent chat about the project. The short films consist of "Edward" by Joseph Graham; Manuel Marín; "Dollface" by Colin Campbell; "The Quiet" by Lee Matthews and Brian Dorton’s own Our Love Is Fading. The project is one that Dorton and reel Epic Entertainment are very excited about as it showcases some of the newest indie talent in the Horror community. We not only talked about “The Horror Network Vol. 1” and his own delight over the quality of the project but Dorton also was kind enough to us an update on a couple of his other projects as well. Read my interview with the talented Louisville, Kentucky director and check out “The Horror Network Vol.1” on Facebook to keep up-to-date with the film.

ASouthernLife: When did the idea come to you for an anthology?
Brian Dorton: About a year ago I began networking with a few filmmakers, and we began to talk about doing something together. With anthologies becoming so popular, (ABC's of Death & V/H/S), I thought I would hand pick some newer horror shorts. I initially did a contest but got well over 100 bad shorts. That is when I went on the search. What I found is amazing.

ASouthernLife: Going into the project what was the concept or feel of the film that you were going for?
Brian Dorton: Good question because they do all have a nice flow. They are all dark, well acted, the cinematography is beautiful. Mind you I watched over 150 shorts to find these. I'm so proud of this project.

ASouthernLife: Wow 150 shorts! So will any of those make it into Vol. 2 ?
Brian Dorton: No, I will start new with Vol. 2 in a year or two. I have 2 projects I hold dear to my heart that I wanna do first. All these shorts are award winning except the final one, which will be debuted in this anthology. It is a never before seen short film.

ASouthernLife: The other two projects-That is “Crazy Fat Ethel” and what else?
Brian Dorton: Right. And a comedy called "Preexisting Conditions" which will have several characters from "Trashology" returning. A kinda/sorta sequel I call it.

ASouthernLife: So as far as “Crazy Fat Ethel”, how is everything going with that project? I read illness has put the film on hold.
Brian Dorton: Sadly the illness resulted in an untimely passing of a dear friend. He was also our investor.

ASouthernLife: My condolences, I hate to hear that....
Brian Dorton: Thank you

ASouthernLife: Going back to ‘The Horror Network Vol. 1”, Who designed the first poster? It has a giallo look to it.
Brian Dorton: Douglas and I, it is actually a still from the film. [“Conner”]
 
ASouthernLife: It looks great! So when is “The Horror Network Vol. 1” expected to be released?
Brian Dorton: Thank you, It will be released at the end of the year. Just in time for the holidays!
 
ASouthernLife: Thank you so much for your time.
Brian Dorton: You're welcome.





No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side