Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cobie Smulders To Reprise Avenger Role On ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.”


shieldlogoCheck out the first photo of Cobie Smulders as her Avenger character on ABC’s Marvel comic TV series ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.” .  The news was announced by EW.com who posted the photo of Smulders. The ‘How I Met Your Mother’ star appears in the very first episode, re-teaming her with Clark Gregg’s resurrected Agent Coulson, in a pilot that’s been kept under wraps by the network.

“I wanted very much to have Cobie in the pilot because as much as anyone else, she IS SHIELD,” says the pilot’s writer-director Joss Whedon in a statement to EW. “She’s cool and commanding, and has the dry humor that plays so well with Clark’s. Also, if she’s in it I get to hang out with Cobie.”

Cobie Smulders played the role of Agent Maria Hill in the 2012 film and will show up in episodes from time to time in the premiere season of the television spin-off with plans to become a full time cast member if the show is picked up for a second season. I know it is a show time that is marked on my calendar and one that I am anxious to check out. The pilot episode lands on September 24th. ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.” is one of the most buzzed and highly anticipated new series to come along since ‘The Walking Dead’.

SHIELD-Cobie-Smulders

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side