Thursday, April 16, 2015

Livin’ The Hollywood Scream Dream: My Interview With “Axeman 2” Actress Jacqui Holland


Jacqui3Jacqui Holland is set to face the Axeman in Joston Theney’s sequel “Axeman 2: Overkill” as well as several other nightmare antagonists and bogeymen in upcoming horrors like “Dracula’s Sorority Sisters”, “The Ritual” and “The Mangled”. The young actress has an impressive resume. Focusing on the horror credits alone Jacqui seems posed for true Scream Queen status. She can be seen in “Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver” (a personal fave- I love me some Full Moon Horror), “Monsters In The Woods”, “Silent But Deadly” (Miss Holland is a writer and producer on this project as well as actor.), “Sorority Party Massacre” ( A horror comedy that I love.), “Blood Lake: Attack Of The Lampreys” and “The Walking Deceased”.

JacquiThere are several more projects in various stages of development featuring Jacqui Holland in the pipeline, both in horror and other genres. She is multifaceted to say the least, and worthy of any hetero horror hounds affections. Several of the projects I have been following the development of, once complete and on the market, will no doubt solidify Miss Holland’s place in the Scream Queen hallowed halls. For now though let us focus on her character in Theney’s follow up to “The Axeman At Cutter’s Creek”, “Overkill” is the second in the franchised trilogy for this contemporary slasher/action horror that echo’s some noticeable qualities reminiscent of later “Friday the 13th” films and the more recent franchise, “Hatchet”. 


Here is my interview with Jacqui Holland who plays Sunshine in “Axeman 2: Overkill”:

A Southern Life: You play Sunshine in Axeman 2: Overkill, could you tell me a little about your character?
Jacqui Holland: Sunshine is a badass crazy blonde. At first you think she's really nice and sweet but then at some point you realize she's the most psychotic of the bunch.

A Southern Life: What drew you most to the character? What did you relate to most about Sunshine?
Jacqui Holland:I love playing psychopaths, (go figure) so the role was really fun for me. I've been in a relationship with a guy who was a homosexual so oddly I could relate to that, don't ask...

Jacqui2A Southern Life: Have you seen the first Axeman film?
Jacqui Holland: Yeah, cool movie :)


A Southern Life: To date you have done several horror films, have you always been into horror?
Jacqui Holland: Yeah, I luv horror. My first dog was actually named Damien after the Omen.

A Southern Life: When did you first realize that you wanted move to Hollywood and make movies?
Jacqui Holland: I always wanted to do it my whole life. But I didn't really make it happen until I was in a class learning about Barbara Stanwyck and it dawned on me I had to move to Hollywood immediately this was my dream. :)

A Southern Life: Who is your favorite final girl of the past?
Jacqui Holland: I'm gonna go with Anna Farris in Scary movie because she's hilarious and I totally dig her as an actress

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Personal Journals of Life's Lessons and Experiences Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

ZombiesEverywhere


JoJo's Book Corner

Jojo's Book Corner

Reading on The Darkside

Reading On The Dark Side